It is finally here! The secret is out. For the last two years, Scott Clark and Joel Kim have been working on a volume of essays in honor of Bob Godfrey on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birthday.
If anyone is deserving of such an honor, it is Bob Godfrey.
Scott Clark has the scoop and ordering information: Click here
Here's a list of the essays and contributors.
Preface: Our Man Godfrey—R. Scott Clark
1. Christology and Pneumatology: John Calvin, the Theologian of the Holy Spirit—Sinclair B. Ferguson
2. Make War No More? The Rise, Fall, and Resurrection of J. Gresham Machen’s Warrior Children—D. G. Hart
3. God as Absolute and Relative, Necessary, Free, and Contingent: the Ad Intra-Ad Extra Movement of Seventeenth-Century Reformed Language About God—Richard A. Muller
4. “Magic and Noise:” Reformed Christianity in Sister’s America—R. Scott Clark
5. Karl Barth and Modern Protestantism: The Radical Impulse—Ryan Glomsrud
6. Reformed and Always Reforming—Michael S. Horton
7. Calvin, Kuyper, and “Christian Culture”—David VanDrunen
8. History and Exegesis: The Interpretation of Romans 7:14–25 from Erasmus to Arminius—Joel E. Kim
9. John Updike’s Christian America—John R. Muether
10. The Reformation, Luther, and the Modern Struggle for the Gospel—R. C. Sproul
11. The Reformation of the Supper—Kim Riddlebarger
12. Preaching the Doctrine of Regeneration in a Christian Congregation—Hywel R. Jones
13. Integration, Disintegration, and Reintegration: A Preliminary History of the United Reformed Churches in North America—Cornelis P. Venema
14. Epilogue: The Whole Counsel of God: Courageous Calvinism for a New Century—W. Robert Godfrey
Just got my copy in the mail. The essays look great, but the book itself is beautifully bound and type-set. Nice!
Be sure to listen to the presentation ceremony. Dr. Godfrey was very much surprised and appreciative.
Scott's got the latest: Book Presentation